Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a pair of lower 1/4 panel side scoops for a 1968 Mustang GT500KR clone that I am building. The scoops dont fit the lower 1/4 panel recess at all. I am wondering if these type are for a 1967 GT500. They have 2 studs on the back and they do not have any screw holes toward the front lip of the scoop.

I wonder if there is a shape or contour difference of the lower 1/4 scoops between the 67 GT500 and 68 GT500?

Just wanting to find this out before I make the decision to return these or modify them and make them fit but the fit right now is just horrible.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
There is a difference. You already found out about the mounting. But did you know there is a difference in the 68 side cove where the scoop sets into? There is.
So, either return the scoop for the correct year, or, as they say, beat it to fit and paint it to match.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a difference. You already found out about the mounting. But did you know there is a difference in the 68 side cove where the scoop sets into? There is.
So, either return the scoop for the correct year, or, as they say, beat it to fit and paint it to match.
OK thanks! That is what I thought and I will return them.

I wonder if there is difference in the upper roof sail panel scoops between 1967 GT500 and 1968 GT500?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts