Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have a generic/universal plastic reservoir in my 67. Figured since I was redoing the electrical, I'd consider going with it's original bag (completely unrelated).

Thoughts on a bag vs a plastic reservoir? The bag doesn't appear to be fastened at the bottom, so does it swing out every time you make a LH turn?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,958 Posts
Is your 67 an early production? If so bracket still on apron to hang it?
Later 67 production into 68 used the plastic bottle.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
It should not even enter into your decision. If you prefer the bag, go for it!

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have no bias one way or the other, except I have the bracket already welded to the car. I'm still keeping my electric pump on it though (I have a button mounted underneath the pump pedal)

(Yes, early 67, has the mounts)

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
That strikes me as a "light bulb in the refrigerator" question. Every time I make a left hand turn my hood is closed.

Might it swing? Yes, but so what.

Disclaimer: As a fair weather car I removed my bag years ago to make room for upgrade ignition components.

Reactions: 2nd 66

·
Registered
791 Posts

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I autocross with my washer bag in place empty. I actually used it as the required coolant overflow catch my first event.

·
Registered
262 Posts
The outlet hose at the bottom limits the swing. It shouldn't ever get in the fan.

·
Premium Member
6,062 Posts
My bag has been hanging empty for years. Considered half-filling it with polyester stuffing for looks. I do have one of the Rotunda solvent concentrate glass bottles I snap in place for the novelty when the hood's up for show.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have the bag in my 65 and never had an issue with it. It does make a pretty good place to hide the relays for the headlights and high beams. I don't know if folks have noticed that yet, but I've never been questioned about them. ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts