Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I had a friend driving behind me saying the rich smell was pretty bad behind me, and isn't convinced that it's an old-car smell.

Anyone know of any decent places locally, or are willing to help me mess with the 600cfm under my hood?

Any help/ advice is appreciated, I don't want to mess up the car tweaking the mixture too lean...

·
Registered
863 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
When I lived there I used Carb Connection all the time. They always did good work and at reasonable prices. Its the only place I'd consider within a 2 hour drive.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Can't help on the body/paint question, but another local carb place woth considering is Joe's Carburetors in Lynnwood. 5516 186th Pl SW Lynnwood, WA 98037, (425) 774-5504. What kind of carb is it? Unless your engine has been tweaked quite a bit, odds are good a 600 cfm Holley or Edelbrock will run too rich unless it is rejetted.

MrFreeze

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well since that's right down the street I guess it's worth a visit! It's a 600 Edelbrock Manual choke, not sure what the P/O did in terms of jetting/ springing etc but there's only one way to find out!

Thanks for the input!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts