Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a water neck that I can use to install an aftermarket water temperature gauge sending unit. It seems I remember someone telling me that a 351M/400 water neck would work for me, but I am not for sure. Anyone know for sure?

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
I'd imagine any 72 or later 335 series water neck oughta have the port....they started using manifold vacuum for warmup/emissions and ported for normal operation

BTW, you should get a better signature pic...I saw your car in the cornfeed pics; your sig pic does your car NO justice!!

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Don't know for sure but is the thermostat under the water neck on a Cleveland? If it is your temp. gauge will not work correctly until the thermostat opens up.Might want to look for different spot to put it.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
right.... I am not concerned with start temperature, I wanna know what it is after it opens.... when I am driving around and stop at a light or so.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Hey Jim, I may have one. The shop that rebuilt my motor gave me one thinking it was mine. When I had already taken it off befor I brought it there.
I'll look and let you know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts