Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Frankenstein '67. I have a 351w in my '67 supposedly from a '71 Torino Cobra.
I am having trouble finding a waterpump with the 3 fittings on the passenger side. All the ones I am finding have the 2 heater hose nipples on the passenger side and main outlet on the drivers side.
Any idea of a model ( Maverick/Torino/Ltd/etc ) that would have the 3 fittings on the passenger side to match up with my passenger side radiator fitting?

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I think the '69 Mustang 351W will have the fittings and outlet all on the passenger side, call your local parts store and see if they have one in stock and go look at it first.
Jon

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
JonK said:
I think the '69 Mustang 351W will have the fittings and outlet all on the passenger side,
+1

I have a '69 351W block in the '67, and this is what I did. The OEM '69 351W waterpump is what you need, and most parts stores should carry it or be able to order it for you without a problem.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is great info!!! I forget to check when they started using 351W in the mustangs... I was looking for pumps in too late of years...

BTW: that engine bay is sweet. I love those valve covers. I need to get it running better before I dress her up...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Last pump question:
do I just need a regular waterpump or a high performance aluminum one for my 351W?

What would necessitate a high performance model?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts