Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new 2004 Toshiba Satellite laptop with Windows XP installed. I installed Microsoft ofice 2000 All the programs work except for outlook. This is what it does when i click on the link on the desktop

1) First it says"Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again."
So i click "OK"

2) Then this pops up"Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" So i click "YES" because if you click "NO" it just shuts down the program.

3) Then this "Small Business Customer Manager" icon pops up and says"Some files added to Outlook contain macros. Be sure to click Enable Macros when prompted to ensure that Customer Manager functions correctly." So i click "OK"

4) Then this error pops up and says"Unknown error 0x8E540107 Could not open item. Try again." So i click "OK"

Then after all of that i can find any where to get emails from my server. There is nothing in any of the "My shortcuts, Other Shortcuts or Outlook Shortlooks" boxes.

So What to i do. HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP me before i though my computer across and beat it with a hammer. ::

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
www.mozilla.org, Thunderbird Email Client, just as a backup.
I am/was an Outlook fan but when I was connected to anything other than an exchange server it would never keep me happy. Now I use Thunderbird email because it shares its name with a Ford product and it works ;)
More technically, I'd recommend uninstalling office, ensure you're logged in with Administrator privileges and then re-install.
D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I already did all the configure stuff in the control pannel

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
That error usualy means that your PC is unable to see the server your configured for, make sure you typed in the correct server name & login name. I run a Helpdesk that namages 350 PC with Outlook 2000 and I have seen that error plenty times and almost always it was just a typo in the configuration.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Um i hate to sound stupid but how do you do that "red390gt"

·
Registered
846 Posts
I'd reinstall the program then go to Msn.com and use the update links to upload a patch.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have installed the program 2 times and this time i went to the msn sight and downloaded somesort of thing that it wanted. But if you could give me a like that would be great.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks alot "dmcq" i downloaded the mozilla thing and it works great i love it. And it also looks almost exactally like outlook. Thanks alot ::

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Outlook is the biggest pile of crap, basically an open door to all kinds of malicious attacks.......

Just goes to show billy boy walks with no fear; actually continuing to bundle a product and tie it into other products even after several years of non-stop security alerts stating this product will allow hackers to do bad things to PCs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.