Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to charge a 12V 5.0AH SLA battery. Is this a deep cell or is it just like a car battery. I want to keep the trailer breakaway battery charged. Won't be using the trailer for long periods and hate to have to buy a battery everytime I want to use it.
I know I don't need it but I have it so I would like it to work.

Thanks, I figure someone on here would know.

Neil

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,482 Posts
Use a "trickle charger" or a "Motorcycle" battery charger. Look for one that charges at 1 amp, or even better .5 amp. It takes one forever to charge a battery, but they can keep it up better than anything. Buy one that is "fully automatic" and you can just hook it to the battery in a ventilated area and forget it until you're ready to use the trailer.
These little chargers can also often bring a full-size car battery back from the dead when nothing else will. Takes about 8-9 days to do it though.
They have the cheaper ones at WalMart, might also have the "automatic" ones there too. You'll have to look. Motorcycle/snowmobile shops often carry them.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
21,482 Posts
Good price is an understatement! I can't resist ordering one, even if it is made in China . Some critter ate the wires on mine. Thanks!

·
Registered
952 Posts
I bought a low amp solar trickle charger for my trailer. Works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts