Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made the early decision Monday night, when Ivan was still a class 5 storm and not turning eastward, to get the hell outta dodge! While my hometown of New Orleans may or may not take a direct hit, the storm was just too big and strong to take the chance with my family. Everthing else is insured.

I felt like the Beverly Hillbillies hauling all of our possessions out town in the Suburban!

Thankfully, we got an early start at 7:30 am Tuesday morning, and breezed up to Memphis in about 6 hours. My parents dragged their feet and got on the road at 1:30. They are just pulling into Memphis! :eek:

Both mustangs look awful anyway, so maybe Ivan will wash away some of the rust. ;)

Best of luck to all who are in or around the storm ! Dickson

·
7,005 Posts
I was wondering about you dickson. My paper today said that a direct hit by a cat 5 on the big easy would result in a predicted 50,000 dead. Maybe you should talk to a realtor while you're inland. ::

Good Luck everyone in Ivan's path!

Phil

·
Premium Member
19,198 Posts
New Orleans? I don't see any New Orleans...does anyone else? I think it's gone! ;) :p ::

Seriously, I think you made the right decision...New Orleans is a disaster waiting to happen and although this one might not be it, I wouldn't take any chances.

As for me, we've had rain, minor winds (20 mph?) so far....no power outages. The storm is still off-shore, however.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
You should have headed up here to Shreveport - - got a pretty decent Mustang & Ford show this weekend. Expecting at least 150 cars this year. Not bad for a local club show!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
No wind, no rain, no winter's snow can stop me! Here I sit in "Disaster Central". After moving 25 miles in 7 hours, I turned around and am in the Party capitol of the world. Doing Donuts on Canal Street, Going Backwards through the Drive-In Daquiri Stand. All the Popeye's I can Stand. And don't get me started on the Raw Oysters. It's like I'm king of the World!!!

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Good call! I did the same thing in 98 when I was living in Harvey, and Georges came through. My son was there for a visit, and we headed for Houston well ahead of time. When I got home, there were just a few branches laying around the yard that shouldn't have been there. Looks like Ivan is doing the same thing as Georges. I think Pontchartrain is going to get a little more surge this time though. Sure pity those folks to the east of you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts