Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at NPD yesterday trying to buy the 'last of the known to mankind' NOS weatherstripping for the vent windows in my coupe. Well, they are now unavailable. So does anyone know where I can get a set of NOS ones? Or how they compare to the Scott Drake line? I try to use original parts when ever possible.
Thanks

ps It just started raining here, first time in 8 weeks. yeh, baby!

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
If you decide you can live without NOS call Matt (at Ponderosa Mustang) his price on a large order of weatherstripping for my 65 convert was a lot less then his competitors.

John Harvey

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The Scott Drake and Repops stuff fit fine in my '65 fastback. There's only one little wrinkle in one of the vent windows indicative of a less than perfect fit. That wrinkle may have been my fault or a fault of the repop vent window frames I used.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have only had my car for 24 hours. It rained here too. Really hard. I was out driving. Leaks Leaks Leaks. I am going to redo the stripping. I will make it not leak. I was going to say waterproof, but don't know if i can. I will look for something that works. It is going to be my daily driver for the rest of the summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts