Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
If it's the only option, I will bet my house is the US made (which is also the concourse quality in some applications). NPD doesn't like to sell the junk if they have better options.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NPD does not list a complete set for a 65 FB.. So are you guys buying it in piece form then? I would like to get a complete set to make it easy...

·
Registered
863 Posts
If in doubt call them first. Call their Michigan store if willing to wait and see if you can get one of the Vintage Mustang guys. Some things they have are only Taiwan, sometimes they have both and sometimes only American. You want Dan Carpenter, RePops for anything with a need for an accurate fit like weather strip. The NC guys are not bad dudes but some of them are more difficult than others.... and that’s about all I’ll say there ?

·
Vendor
4,104 Posts
The vast majority of our weatherstripping is US-Made Carpenter brand. The only time we stray, is when there are less-expensive options, to provide the customer a choice.. Windshield weatherstrips is a good example. But it's safe to make the assumption that the top-line offering is the Carpenter US-made.

I specifically use the "Carpenter US-made" phrasing, because Carpenter also has a line of imported weatherstripping.

We do not tend to do "complete kits" with weatherstripping, because of so many numerous variations in years, body-styles and options, and so many instances where you would indeed have a "choice of quality/price" to make, etc.etc, doing kits is often an exercise in compromise. Take your time, and put together your kit piece-by-piece, it's worth the extra bit of time.

And yes, if ever a question, do not hesitate to make a call, and we can put your kit together for you, with you on the phone making all of the price/choice calls.

If we WERE to put together comprehensive kits, comprised of the best-quality available for all components (including windowfelts, which is a really complex category in itself), our kits would have the appearance of being "grossly overpriced" compared with our competition, because most people would not understand or be able to appreciate the difference in quality between the two. So we try hard to AVOID that rat-race, and sway our customers towards looking at the entire array of what we're offering, to suit their needs best.

Rick
NPD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts