Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures on hooking up the pedal linkage on a 6 cylinder? The pedal pushes up and the carb pulls down. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Here are some pics of my wife's 66 with the Weber (the pics were for the Monte Carlo bar I was making, but I got the carb linkage in the background ;) ). I purchased a used carb on eBay and rebuilt it, so the linkage on my carb may be different than yours. I had to do two things to get it to work; I had to fabricate a bracket to extend the carb linkage towards the back of the car and I also had to extend the throttle linkage arm forward to get the geometry and action correct. It looks a bit cluster-plucky but it works very smoothly. I have been meaning to go back and re-fab and pretty up the bracket on the carb linkage cause I had to do a few iterations of holes to get it working right but other projects have taken precedent. Such is life! :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thanks. Now I need to know about the water spacer if I don’t use it, my carb is crooked. If I use it the carb is straight, I’m going to have to find a thin air filter.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Are you actually using it with a linkage? Reason I ask is cause it looks like there isn’t enough there to mechanically make the connection. That big bracket in the grainy pic and the site description is hinting to me that it doesn’t... “Includes 2 throttle arms, return spring, and a base bracket for securing the throttle cable.”

There is no easy way (that I found) to connect the stock pedal arm to the carb linkage using a mechanical linkage. But I’d be happy to be proved wrong to make life easier for the OP!

·
Registered
33,922 Posts
Are you actually using it with a linkage? Reason I ask is cause it looks like there isn’t enough there to mechanically make the connection. That big bracket in the grainy pic and the site description is hinting to me that it doesn’t... “Includes 2 throttle arms, return spring, and a base bracket for securing the throttle cable.”

There is no easy way (that I found) to connect the stock pedal arm to the carb linkage using a mechanical linkage. But I’d be happy to be proved wrong to make life easier for the OP!
Oops, looks like that IS for a cable set-up. Seems like an easy bellcrank could be fabbed to reverse direction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts