Registered
2,167 Posts
Good luck and I agree on the seat belt.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SUCCESS!!!!!

I drove my mustang out of the garage. It was very loud.

The transmission was not working well. I added almost a quart of trans fluid. And it worked well. So then I drove around the block.

+ Car = $2500
+ Parts and Time = Too Much
+ Driving it for the first time = Priceless

Updated pics at cardomain.com

I updated my cardomain page: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2386543/11

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Congrats....I remember my 1st ride around the block....sitting on an empty 5 gallon paint bucket! :loco:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A_65_Myself said:
Wow! Great job :burnout: I looked over your pictures--can't believe how much progress you've made on the car.

Do you still have your Fox Body convertible?
Thanks. It's really been a journey with many firsts for me.

No, I don't have the 1985 blue vert that I had last year. I sold that after I found a cheap 1995 Ranger Truck. But I still miss having a summer car until I can get my convertible painted.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Nice to see all the sheet metal on the car and the big "I ate the canary" grin on your face

Congrats! :pirate:

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stroked66 said:
Nice to see all the sheet metal on the car and the big "I ate the canary" grin on your face

Congrats! :pirate:
Thanks, It's pretty cool. I did look surprised.

Now I just need to flip about 4 more fox mustangs and ford ranger trucks to pay for the final body work. :p

Or, I coul try to find a person with body working skills that had the time and wanted to trade for 1995 ford ranger truck :shrug:

Until then I'll just enjoy seafair :pirate: :pirate: :pirate: :pirate:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Congrats on you first drive. I'm a week of so away on my "first" drive in 25 years. Nothing like pressure to get it going while we have at least some summer left...Hopefully I won't have transmission or brake problems. I have big hills in ALL directions from home :)

Once again, congratulations!!

Here is my 65 vert current condition(photo last week)..

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv15/Indycanard/Overview.jpg

·
Registered
989 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Indy said:
Congrats on you first drive. I'm a week of so away on my "first" drive in 25 years. Nothing like pressure to get it going while we have at least some summer left...Hopefully I won't have transmission or brake problems. I have big hills in ALL directions from home :)

Once again, congratulations!!

Here is my 65 vert current condition(photo last week)..

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv15/Indycanard/Overview.jpg
Henry :cheers:

I love your paint. I really like the stripe along the bottom. Who did your paint?

-Geoff

·
Registered
166 Posts
[/quote]

Henry :cheers:

I love your paint. I really like the stripe along the bottom. Who did your paint?

-Geoff[/quote]

I had all my bodywork done including paint by Fenders and Fins in Woodinville. You got to see the paint in person to appreciate it fully. In regards to the GT stripes, they were sprayed before clear coating the car. After buffing/polishing the car, you can barely even feel the stripes.

Henry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts