Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
Saturday I went to a "local" Cars and Coffee in Sierra Vista, which is about 50 minutes driving west from where I live. It was a really nice morning to be out in the Mustang with the tunes jamming through the sound system and enjoying the spring weather. While there, I took a picture of the local radio mascot with my car.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
For a moment there I thought you might be the guy in the blue suit !! lol
Poor guy was under there sweating his #^@( off. It started warming up, and a couple of times I saw him remove his "head" to get some air.

·
Registered
856 Posts

I woke up my fastback from hibernation and took her to the local cruise...
My wife took the pic of me while we were driving there....I took a few pics at the cruise, but they were all washed out by the bright sun and weren’t really worth posting...when we got home the sun had settled behind the hill so I took the pic of the car in my backyard.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I was there with the other woman! My 85 year old parents drove down from New Hampshire, took the Cape May ferry over Thursday afternoon and stayed with me at our little old condo on 126th st. I drove them around, took them to the convention center, they had a blast! They are not "car" people, but pops had a 55 thunderbird and a 56 2dr vick he bought new, saw a 36 ford like the one he learned to drive on...they were quite impressed with my mustang that i had bought as worn out old car back in 78...they left saturdaty morning for annapolis., I got to talk with a lot of mustang owners and see some really nice cars! Will go back there for the october show...Plus gotta get ready for ford carlisle!

20190517_120803[1].jpg

20190517_120906[1].jpg

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Weather kept mine indoors this weekend, but I did some dabbling on it, adjusted a headlight, replaced door handles with shiny ones, and worked on repairing the door panel so I can put it back on this weekend. Best thing was getting one of the big black rubber baby buggy hood bumpers in the slot. Been fighting it for a while and finally got it in place.

·
Registered
9,779 Posts
For a weekly dose of cars, I check the forum at Spotlighthobbies.com Multiple makes, cars and trucks. And if you build model cars, plenty of those too.

And for Dr Hawkeye, one of the "every Friday photos"is from out your way. Shhots a many local shows in northwest Illinois.

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I was there with the other woman! My 85 year old parents drove down from New Hampshire, took the Cape May ferry over Thursday afternoon and stayed with me at our little old condo on 126th st. I drove them around, took them to the convention center, they had a blast! They are not "car" people, but pops had a 55 thunderbird and a 56 2dr vick he bought new, saw a 36 ford like the one he learned to drive on...they were quite impressed with my mustang that i had bought as worn out old car back in 78...they left saturdaty morning for annapolis., I got to talk with a lot of mustang owners and see some really nice cars! Will go back there for the october show...Plus gotta get ready for ford carlisle!

View attachment 708570

View attachment 708572
I recall seeing your car but didn't realize it was you. Very nice car.

·
Registered
198 Posts
This was the 65th anniversary for this local hamburger joint called Dick's. This one is located in Kent, WA. It wasn't an award show. It was just for fun. Some nice cars came out for it. So I brought out my Mustang.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
For a weekly dose of cars, I check the forum at Spotlighthobbies.com Multiple makes, cars and trucks. And if you build model cars, plenty of those too.

And for Dr Hawkeye, one of the "every Friday photos"is from out your way. Shhots a many local shows in northwest Illinois.
got a link? Can't find it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nice car, I'm pretty sure I saw it. I love that your parents attended with you. My Mom was planning on riding down with me but came down with some last minute health issues that prevented her from attending.

This picture was Thursday AM after the parade and the rain.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
I know right? If I hit a curb that will be a pisser....I wanted them vs the real shelby cragers which were 4 times as much with caps and lugs...Went with the bling of full chrome, but like them either way...lots of positive comments so not sure why crager would discontinue them so quickly...maybe some legal bs....I still want Ansen slots with Goodyear polyglass though!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Cruising with the stangs
Where and when was this? Is this a regular thing? I'd love to know when this group gets together in case I'm in Cali!!

BTW... Installed the new injectors in my car this weekend for an awesome Memorial day drive today!!!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts