Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I participated in a local car show on Sunday, and won my first ever trophy for my Mustang. Got 2d place for 60's modified. Not bad for a nearly daily driver. My wife was very excited over this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,693 Posts
Not my cars . 47,000 mile Boss 351 and an original GT350.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Where and when was this? Is this a regular thing? I'd love to know when this group gets together in case I'm in Cali!!

BTW... Installed the new injectors in my car this weekend for an awesome Memorial day drive today!!!
That's from a BBQ and cruise I host at my house once a year. I think we had 12 cars shoehorned around the house. We'll get you in next time we do it!

Besides that, our group tries to set up smaller cruises and meets all the time around here.

IMG_0194.JPG by armon7, on Flickr

IMG_0192.JPG by armon7, on Flickr

IMG_0189.JPG by armon7, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I went for a drive to celebrate the freedom I have because of those who gave their lives, and to make a loop around the city in honor of Auburn Police Officer William "Beek" Buechner, killed in the line of duty May 12 in senseless act that also physically injured two other officers, and cut this community, all its law enforcement and first responders to the bone. It will leave a void in our lives, a scar on our hearts, but it will never stop us from serving.

Champ wanted to go, too.

Here's to you, Will.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I went for a drive to celebrate the freedom I have because of those who gave their lives, and to make a loop around the city in honor of Auburn Police Officer William "Beek" Buechner, killed in the line of duty May 12 in senseless act that also physically injured two other officers, and cut this community, all its law enforcement and first responders to the bone. It will leave a void in our lives, a scar on our hearts, but it will never stop us from serving.

Champ wanted to go, too.

Here's to you, Will.
I've followed this story - totally senseless

Be safe out there

John

·
Registered
300 Posts
That's from a BBQ and cruise I host at my house once a year. I think we had 12 cars shoehorned around the house. We'll get you in next time we do it!

Besides that, our group tries to set up smaller cruises and meets all the time around here.

IMG_0194.JPG
I'm overwhelmed. I'll PM when I'm headed to Rocklin!

·
Registered
300 Posts

IMG_0194.JPG

I'm overwhelmed!!! I'll PM when I'm headed to Rocklin! (Probably in a rental though...)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I'm overwhelmed!!! I'll PM when I'm headed to Rocklin! (Probably in a rental though...)
I think it would be cool to rent (or own) a Ford F-550 crew cab flatbed or something to travel with the car
so I didn't hafta fool with a trailer when I wanted to go someplace to cruise but I didn't wanna beat up my Mustang on interstates with all the potholes, construction, and lowsy drivers. I don't have the room to park an enclosed, a flat, a utility...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I think it would be cool to rent (or own) a Ford F-550 crew cab flatbed or something to travel with the car
so I didn't hafta fool with a trailer when I wanted to go someplace to cruise but I didn't wanna beat up my Mustang on interstates with all the potholes, construction, and lowsy drivers. I don't have the room to park an enclosed, a flat, a utility...
Ha! Your car would definitely be worth carrying! Mine has just made 2 trouble free runs to work and back since the 5.0 FI install, and I feel blessed:grin2:
I look forward to the day I could road trip it. For now, plane tickets from Fla to Cali!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Ha! Your car would definitely be worth carrying! Mine has just made 2 trouble free runs to work and back since the 5.0 FI install, and I feel blessed:grin2:
I look forward to the day I could road trip it. For now, plane tickets from Fla to Cali!!
Whattayatalkinabout!?! I would love to drive your car! But I wouldn't wanna take it up Interstate 85 through the Carolinas after what I saw going to Charlotte. Geesh.

·
Premium Member
5,526 Posts
I wouldn't wanna take it up Interstate 85 through the Carolinas after what I saw going to Charlotte. Geesh.
It's not the Carolinas, it is specifically only South Carolina. Worst highways in the U.S if you ask me, just godawful.
Sometimes I think a car ferry between say, Savannah and Wrightsville Beach could be a big money maker. :nerd:

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It's not the Carolinas, it is specifically only South Carolina. Worst highways in the U.S if you ask me, just godawful.
Sometimes I think a car ferry between say, Savannah and Wrightsville Beach could be a big money maker. :nerd:
My bad !

I passed thru at night both ways so I couldn't really tell where one ended and the other began. It was my first time in Charlotte that I can remember, and I liked it very much!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Went to a local C&C yesterday. It was a beautiful day, we arrived a little before 7 am and had to park in the nosebleeds. There were well over a hundred cars there. I brought my wife and daughter with and we had a great time walking around and looking at some amazing cars. There was a Ferrari F40, an original 65 K code fastback, a “monster” truck on 54” tires and everything in between. A few mustangs, but not too many. My daughter loved it, well all except the getting up at 5:45 on a Saturday part..... I didn’t get any pictures while there (don’t ask why, I’m just a moron) but snapped one before putting her away.

A few weeks ago I went to a local MCA event and parked next to a beautiful ‘70 Grabber Green Boss 302.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,901 Posts
I do have to say... Those Cali boys know how to party and have a good time!

:eek:)

Tony K.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I do have to say... Those Cali boys know how to party and have a good time!

:eek:)

Tony K.
I suppose they do, but this was Great Falls, VA. We’re just trying to show those west coasters that we have some car culture over here too.

·
Registered
65 Posts
The wife and son were gone to a concert so I looked to see if there was any local show around. It was a perfect evening for a ride. low 70s and a clear sky. Found one about an hour, and 45 miles away. Figured it was time to trust the 66 and see how she did on a longer drive. She did great! It was a mix with about 20 miles highway and the rest back roads. Cruised right along at 70 mph and right around 17-1800 rpm... love the T5Z. It was advertised as 5-8 pm, got there about 6:30, about 15 cars and it broke up by 7:15, but that was ok.. it was more about the drive than the destination.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts