Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hoping that someone knows what these went to. I picked them up for $20 and thought they went to a big block but didn't fit. iv never saw those tabs inside before, anyone knows why those are there? Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
68 Mustang Coupe
4,286 Posts
I wouldn't think they went to a big block as they are obviously for a ford. From the partial pics I am guessing cleveland engine family. The tabs are most likely oil control.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
8 bolt covers are 351 C or 351 M

Reactions: rpm and Woodchuck

·
Registered
37,801 Posts
Hello, hoping that someone knows what these went to. I picked them up for $20 and thought they went to a big block but didn't fit. iv never saw those tabs inside before, anyone knows why those are there? Thanks
Boss 302.

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
If those are truly Boss 302 covers, I have a friend with a 69 that needs a pair. It's one of the few pieces for his car that he's missing.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I always thought Boss 302 had aluminum covers . Thanks for the info . Have to remember when scrounging at the swap meets.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Agreed, 1969 Boss 302 covers.

Make sure you know the actual value before offering them for sale.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The chrome plating sure suggests they are for a 302 Boss, however, the emission decal shows the idle speed setting for an automatic equipped vehicle, in Drive. Perhaps the owner could give us the part number off the decal, itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts