Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all. My name is Rod. I need info on 69 Mustang sheet metal. I want the best I can get. In 1973 I bought a 69 Boss302. Sure had a lot of fun. My wife and I had this car when we married in 1975. In the spring of 1979 a HUGE tornado destroyed 20% of our town along with my 69 Boss. We were not so upset about our bad luck. We were thankful to be alive. We were caught by this tornado while trying to outrun it in our 77 Ford van. Several people were killed within 25 yards of where we came to rest. It was the most horrific event I ever experienced. About 4 months later I bought a 70 Boss302 with a blown motor. I pulled the heavily modified motor from my 69 and dropped it in the 70 Boss. I never finished getting the 70 on the road. It still sits in my garage on jack stands while my 69 rests in my back yard. Well all these years later, after kids, grandkids, and life in general and all the expenses involved I was ready to treat myself. I bought a 2013 Mustang GT/ California Special. This just relit my fire. I am going to put my 69 back on the road as it was my favorite of all the many Mustangs I have owned. I need both rear quarters, a roof, a hood, and other asst. parts. I have three 69 bodies but do not want to cut them up for parts. My question is 'who has the best metal'. Dynacorn sounds like a good bet but I don't know for sure. Any advice will be appreciated. ---Rod
You did not start your own thread so I'll do one for you.

1st, Welcome to VMF,
2nd, I got my Dynacorn sheet metal from NPD. Its not perfect, but its better than a lot of the others out there. I replaced the entier back end of my car using Dynacorn sheet metal. I have to say, with a lot of work, it did turn out pretty well.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,475 Posts
hotrod69boss, welcome to VMF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts