Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Our wallets are extended. Take what you need.

·
Registered
642 Posts

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to do a quick introduction to TMI Products if you have already heard of us!

We are a large scale manufacturing facility located in Corona, CA. Everything we do is 100% done in house, from the machining of a mold, making foam, even sewing covers! You can actually take a tour of our facility here on Google:
https://www.google.com/maps?q=tmi+p...+products&t=h&z=14&cbll=33.875493,-117.535912

We make everything from 100% factory OEM stye, to our newest Sport-R series seats that have french seams and suede inserts.

I encourage you to hop onto our website at TMI Products to check out our complete product line with pictures.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask and thank you!

·
Registered
639 Posts
Are the sport R seats available without contrast stitching?

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Welcome! I love your products. Any chance of a forum discount? :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
We plan to do another giveaway :)
Too bad I only have one good picture of my interior

527896_451205144924729_1227239156_n.jpg

I'll sit the next one out, joining multiple contests just is not cool... if you want to send me some Sport R seats with headrests to see how they look with headrests I wouldn't complain though :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
..... Any chance of a forum discount? :)
Boy, that part was ignored :)

I plan on getting the Sport II set when the time comes.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
OK, enough of the banter! Time for a serious question!!
My Sport Seat R's will be here monday. but since I ordered them, I read where the stock arm rest is in the way. But, thumbing through the latest Mustang Monthly I saw the big TMI ad, and noticed the Sport II full door panels for the '65-'66. Just a small photo.
QUIT TEASING US!!! When will these be on your website so we can get a better look? Will standard Pony chrome trim fit these as well?
Will the stock window felts be used? Or with the door panel replace these? I've got these on order and I don't want to install them if I just need to pull them back out.
Basically, when will you be ready to take more of my money!!

·
Premium Member
291 Posts
OK, enough of the banter! Time for a serious question!!
My Sport Seat R's will be here monday. but since I ordered them, I read where the stock arm rest is in the way. But, thumbing through the latest Mustang Monthly I saw the big TMI ad, and noticed the Sport II full door panels for the '65-'66. Just a small photo.
QUIT TEASING US!!! When will these be on your website so we can get a better look? Will standard Pony chrome trim fit these as well?
Will the stock window felts be used? Or with the door panel replace these? I've got these on order and I don't want to install them if I just need to pull them back out.
Basically, when will you be ready to take more of my money!!
Hey Scott - I want to address this in as many places as possible as I've heard the same thing about the seats sitting wider and hitting the door panel. The new Sport R foams are no wider than our original Sport Seats, we only brought the bolsters forward more - not to the width. One key point I want to share that could contribute to the Sport Foams sitting a bit wider is a trick that can be done in the installation.

When you are tacking down the inserts on the front buckets backrests, be sure to tack down the insert deep and very snug to the molded in listing wire. As tight as you can get it in the insert section - then wrap the sides around the bolsters and to the back of the seat. Here you want to wrap it snugly but DO NOT ream the upholstery around to the back. What we've found (on our own installs) is that if you pull the upholstery too hard and tack it down too tight around the back, it will pull the bolsters outward and widen the seat. A good way to check the width is to put the foam on the seat and set the seat in the car, then close the door. You'll see it will close just fine - the trick then is to install the upholstery without widening the bolsters. Long winded - but that will keep the issue from happening.

As for the new Sport Door panel - below is a 'sneak peek' of the 65-66. This is still a prototype and is not exactly what the new panels will look like. However, i can assure you they will be a full panel (simialar to a 69-70 Mach panel) and will be scummed formed out of a molded plastic, making them extremely durable! Hopefully this helps satisfy the curiousity until the panels are released this fall!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts