Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of patching a rust hole through the spot at the front where my 1970 Mustang's inner and outer wheelhouses meet (see pictures). So far I cut out the rust, butt-welded a patch into the outer wheel house (bottom layer), weld-thru primered it, and cut out a patch for the inner wheelhouse. Now I need to figure out where to make the holes for rosette welds. I know there were a few spots where these two panels were rosette welded together but I couldn't tell where they all were, due to rust. Does anyone have a picture of this joint, correctly welded, for spot weld locations? In my "before" picture it looks like there were two along the outer edge, were there more?

Attachments

·
Registered
36,500 Posts
The inner and outre wheelhouse are roll-welded together, just like the edge of a gas tank. If you don't have access to a roll welder , and unless you are willing and able to put 100+ spot welds on it, you'll just have to do the best you can.

If you mean the flap at the rear of the rocker, just use your own observation where they should be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts