Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was paid to stay at home.

I retired at 53, I have taken 4 jobs to keep from being bored, meet new people, keep the brain engaged, and keep Soc Sec active in case something bad (disability) happens.

Income is solid from Dot Com, no worries about cash flow, not taken a dime from any retirement accounts.

Other than that, a lot of volunteer work and my micro mini tiny Mustang parts business that I run from home.

Well, I took a new job on Feb 8th, and Wednesday Night, the word came out to STAY HOME, but we will continue to pay full wages for the next month, and then see what happens after that.

It is a new thing, to be at home, not on "Vacation" or "Leave Day from the Army" or "Sick Day" or "Paid time Off", just stay at home and get paid.

I set a goal each day to tidy up / put away / fix 100 things in the garage, work down the Honey Do list, play with my hobby toys, read, long walks for the dogs, etc.

Strange Times

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
It must be odd. In my business, the worse things are (or the more intense while there), the more we work.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
It must be odd. In my business, the worse things are (or the more intense while there), the more we work.
While my experiences with those of your profession generally haven't gone well, I still hope you stay safe given people being cooped up together with a lot of uncertainty will certainly lead to problems.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
While my experiences with those of your profession generally haven't gone well, I still hope you stay safe given people being cooped up together with a lot of uncertainty will certainly lead to problems.
I'm genuinely sorry if you've had bad experiences with the fuzz. My Dad had problems with them when I was a little fella but I didn't know. He always griped about them when I was a kid but I didn't understand, all the cops I met were really cool. He wasn't too happy when I chose my profession. It's something I felt led to do and still do. He's changed a lot, actually says he prays for me (never thought I'd hear that), and I wonder if he ever thinks he could have handled some of his encounters differently. I know a lot of good people make a mistake. Some people make mistakes over and over and feel like they're getting singled out. Truth is, most of my encounters with the public are great. They're not having the best day, or they wouldn't need us. As far as the bad people go, I heard an old cop say, "We deal with 1% of the population 99% of the time."
We certainly do have frequent fliers, slow-learners, or whatever. Funny, they still treat me well because I treat them well. But I don't let my guard down. It's just business, until it's personal, then I give them a personal approach to really make good decisions and try to earn their respect. We definitely have seen a new spin on things with this virus mess. I'll never say I've seen it all...even though I try to prepare for it. Thanks for the well-wishes. I want all my neighbors to be safe, too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts