Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I painted SWMBO`s vert yesterday with single stage paint. Everything was going real well, then the paint regulator valve in my Dad`s old spraygun (Devilbiss) got stuck open and some paint blobs came out. I took it apart and got everything working well again except that now the thing was using more air than before (must have changed an adjustment) which made for a less than smooth surface :: Of course it was on the last coat. I tried to re-adjust it but the damage had already been done.
Ah well, nothing a little sanding and polishing wont cure.
And even though I don`t have a clean booth, I only got 1 bug, and very few dust specks :D

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Pictures?

·
Registered
6,534 Posts
Oh man, I want to have a tape recorder on standby when you "burn through" while buffing out the good old overspray! LOL, I have done this twice on the 66. Just about ready to give up on painting. Oh, and it gets better, when you go to put the stuff back on (chrome window molding, etc) and you rip off a section of paint...oh sheeeetttt!!!! ::

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm, I remember buffing out old Acrilic Lacquer paint. you DO have to be careful ::

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I have a friend of mine that owns a mobile repair van. He doesn't generally do large jobs and doesn't have a garage (yet), but if I buy the beer he will spray my car with me! Very much the friend indeed. He has a much better compressor than I have and it is mounted in a van :: . You should see the spray gun I am using for my primer, what a POS.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts