Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Well guys .... Charley turned a little more towards me .....

834 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Midlife 
#1 ·
Dang Midlife !

Kennedy Space Center completely shut down and locked the gates ......
Im leaving my house for a more secure block home (mother in laws) . We should be ok other than 40-50 MPH sustained winds and tornadoes .
Im hauling a few electronic items with me and shutting the power down and wishing the house well . Hopefully in the Morning everything here will be OK and I can work on the car .
I just hope the storm does not turn any more east than it has . Thought we had it licked last night , that it would miss the east coast with leaving some rain ....

Midlife has to be behind this .
Anyway .... good luck to all the poor SOB's over south of Tampa .

#2 ·
I was wondering how you Floridans were doing...

#3 ·
Headlines News is just reporting that its been upgraded to a category 4 hurricane. Went from a cat 2 to cat 3 less than an hour ago, now cat 4. Gotta feeling its gonna be nasty!

I sure am glad I live up here near Seattle. At least that way I get my rain spread throughout the year, not all in one day!!!

I'ld much rather deal with earthquakes and volcanoes!!!

Steve

#5 ·
I live in Cape Coral, slightly north of fort myers which is right where this hurricane is going. My parents are freaking out over it, and im just rather pissed off because I just got a brand new intake manifold and some parts from NPD yesterday. Dang. Right now its not to bad, overcast, a slight breeze, rather warm and cloudy skys. Will update you guys as much as I can about the area here.

#6 ·
I wish the best for you. Last week we just had 75 mph winds here in Marshalltown, I.A.. Yea I said Marshalltown, I.A..
The whole town was without power and looked like a war zone. We were without power for 2+ day's. I used it as a time for the family to live without some of the convienances.
Again,I wish you the best of luck.

#9 ·
Be safe all!! it has turned east with 145 mph winds and catagory 4 it is going to run right up I4 looks like the eye will pass over or very close to me im batton down and lite the prayer candle i brought the colman stove in to cook i have the chain saw in the house and 15 gallons of gas, i have food and water for a month
if we can be we are ready!!

bring it charley we are ready!!

#11 ·
im with you lemondrop. im in orlando and they are saying there will be 90 mile an winds here. and my mustang is stuck in my back yard. i hoping none of the freakin neighbors huge oak trees fall on on it and ruin a year and a halfs worth of work. and im also hoping my shed wont blow away. i would hate to lose my doors fenders and god knows how many other parts and supplies i have stashed out there.
you gotta love these hurricanes. but what can you do except have a hurricane party and
get so trashed that when the roof blows off your house you say ahhhh. it was getting kind of warm in here anyway...lol ::

G
#12 ·
Sure hate living in California with those earthquakes (last little shake I felt was in 1990)!

I'd much rather live in great places where there are annual catastrophies; hurricanes, flooding, hail, blizzards, heat, tornadoes, fires, lightening. ::

Take care. Hope everything is there when you get back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.