Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a couple weeks ago of spending the several hundred dollars of moonlighting funds for suspension/brakes/and differential to get the car ready for an engine.

It didn't happen that way.

I got the engine and am getting the engine ready for the car...with no brakes rear suspension and differential, hehe! The reason for that change of tactics was twofold:

First, I just got the 81 T-bird with a 302, which needs pulled. But it is in good running order.

Second, my brother just got done sticking a 351C in his Mach 1, so I've been infatuated with the engine thing for a while now as I'm impressed with his install. And I'm hard pressed for shop room right now to have the stang in the work bay for an extended period of time. That will change later.

So, I blew the money on a 4V intake, tri-Y headers, tranny mount, (old was broken), engine gasket kit, carb kit, carb jets, carb choke assy, and beer! Didn't take long to chew through $400 but it was sure fun! :) And I have more than enough work to stay busy for the next month when I get another jag of funds for more sensible purchases...like the clutch, rear brakes, diff parts, suspension....on and on....

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Quick, spend it before swmbo gets ahold of it! LOL. Man, money does not stay long at my house for any reason :p Swmbo felt sorry for my pitiful 5.0 intake that had the crack at the back rt corner so she bought me a weiand intake and I added the 4100 rebuilt and it roars to life, much more fun. Now if I can only get those hubs back from the machinist! ::

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
Well, look at it this way. It was needed, maybe not right now but sooner or later. The time was right to buy, so you did. Smart move, I think so anyways. :)
BTW, the little project I worked on last week did good in the rain today. I was painting a car for the Unitied Way Bed race in my shop when a storm came up.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Yea, I just spent about that much on front end parts. Upper/lower, strut rod kit, spring pivot and pad...I just got finished cleaning/blasting/painting the knuckles, strut rods, center link, idler arm, steering box etc. Basicly ready to rebuild wheel cylinders and put it all back together! The rear end will be next, not as many pieces (rusty external and in need of replacement). The guy with my engine/tranny is waiting on me to pull it from his car and bring it over. I really can't wait to have brakes!

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
reminds me of the time I let $$$$$ escape my hand in two seconds for an SVO block.....*cringe*

Doesn't take long....I guess now you'll have to pull the can opener out...
time for some Flintstone style brakes!!!
::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts