Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I did it! I bought a 1978 Mustang 2 King Cobra.
It is a very early King Cobra. One thing I find interesting, The Vin# is etched in all the glass. It is all Carlite glass. It is pretty stiff but handles really well with the King Cobra suspension package. I need to work TFOBs magic on it and get this thing screaming. SWMBO is already thinking what to do with the interior.
It has a 1984 302 in it. I will post pics when I can.
Oh By the way, This is a "Rust Free" Not a "rust free ;) "
car!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I had an ex-rental T-bird once that had the VIN printed(I think it was printed) on all the glass. Just a thought...I don't know if that means your King Cobra was a rental or not. The T-bird was an '83, not so far off from '78.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Congrats on you're new toy. My first mustang was a 77 Cobra II. I built a very strong 289 motor and installed a 5-speed trans along with a 9 inch rear end. I would love to build another one.

If you have a 4-speed car don't put any HP to that trans. They are very weak and very hard to find. Ask me how I know and that was over 15 years ago.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Tony:
Send Pictures!!! :: What do you and Deb got going around 9/26 and 9/27? Let me know... by the way got news!
Jeff :D
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Congratulations Tony! You held off on the Fox body long enough to find what you really wanted.

Can't wait to hear about the transformation into "the track monster".

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Show Off! ;) Can't wait to see some pictures of it. Better yet, cant wait to see that thing in the track!

PS: What does TFOB stand for again...?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Congrats! Can't wait to see pictures!!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It has been a long time since I was asked that.
WHat does TFOB stand for?
Well If you can believe it, which is very hard too ;)
Tony Full Of Baloney or Balogna, Which ever part of the world you are from! ::

1 - 20 of 23 Posts