Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I waited for a Goodmark, they said it would be mid Jan, now its pushed back to mid March (yeah, right)
Nobody has the Dynacorn one piece in stock and it looks like 12 weeks out?

Good thing I spent the first half of my winter building a garage space to do the job, now I wont have time this season to do it at all. Arrrrgh.

It really sucks because RPC has em for $350 everyday. I am not even going to call the special mustang shops that want $600 for the same part number and the CJ pony part is not Dynacorn.

·
Registered
35,896 Posts
Yes, Dynacorn is out of them.

·
Registered
562 Posts
There are something like 4 or5 Mustang/Shelby suppliers in SE PA. They're all out?
Tony Branda
Glasier/Nolan Mustang Barn
Laurel Mountain
CJ Pony
can't recall others

Maybe Virginia Mustang?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
I saw that one last night while looking to see what people are asking for NOS tail panels. I'm sure you didn't think it would go for less or even the same as a repro. It's the only one I've ever seen, and until yesterday I would have said they probably never sold that as an independant item. Just goes to show, eh? I'm still trying to imagine what the car would look like that needed that panel and was not totaled. I do like the description though. He probably sanded it to get rid of the unsightly surface rust that it probably acquired over the past two or three decades.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I saw that one last night while looking to see what people are asking for NOS tail panels. I'm sure you didn't think it would go for less or even the same as a repro. It's the only one I've ever seen, and until yesterday I would have said they probably never sold that as an independant item. Just goes to show, eh? I'm still trying to imagine what the car would look like that needed that panel and was not totaled. I do like the description though. He probably sanded it to get rid of the unsightly surface rust that it probably acquired over the past two or three decades.
I knew it would go for a lot, though frankly I'm surprised the reserve isn't met at $2250.00.

I haven't studied the details of the differences between that and the repro's to decide how much I really think it is worth.

I have a 65 with the E brake cable channels, so it isn't right for my application.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I hope the people biddinig on it notice in his description he says late 65. It's like my 65 without the ebrake tunnels, also my late 65 didn't have those two diagonal imprints at the radius of the rear floor where the front of the rear seat would be. And it also doesn't have the indention for the Manuel backup light wiring. Looks just like my repro I bought. They want it worst than I would.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I need one for an early 65 fastback, but nobody makes one with the E-brake tunnels so I decided to just go with the Dynacorn and be done with it. If I ever run into problems where it is bothering me I can replace that back section I guess.

And for the record, I am not really interested in paying $600 for imported floor pans from Mustang specialty shops when sheet metal vendors sell them for under $400 everyday.

If anybody has that kit at a reasonable price I would be interested in getting a PM!

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
try columbia parts co
columbiapartsco.com

Ya know I called that guy and they wanted nothing to do with me. They flat out told me I would not like what they sell. I asked them "What do you sell" he says "All brands". (Except Dynacorn PN# 3648C evidently) WTF. He kept going on about how they could not make me happy no matter what.

Only in America.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought someone, may have been you, said the Goodmark had the channels...

I have not been able to talk to anyone with the pan in front of them, and EVERYONE makes crap up, so I no longer believe anyone or trust anyone's "memory".

Besides, they told me flat out on the phone they would be here mid Jan, then today they told me mid March...I dont believe them any more, I would not buy from them at this point.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you want to order one I know classic ford in Oklahoma city has one on the show room, or they did 3 weeks ago when I was there. It is probably not dynacorn, but should be made by the same press I would think.
Thanks, CJPony has one in stock, it is of unknown manufacture and therefore unknown quality. Some days I think I shoulda bought a camaro.:pirate:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I got my Floor pans from CJ and they are very well made all screw holes line up well and they fit very well !!! there quality has been very good on everything I have purchased from them and FREE SHIPPING

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Just for the record, I'm not Virginia Classic Mustang. Just happen to live in Virginia and be into the hobby. My supplier says they will have a container by Monday and it will have full floors on it. My cost is $320 plus shipping. You could order it under my name to get the discount if that helps... ? Drop me a PM.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts