Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 69 vert in for a rear pinion seal replacement. And when they put it up on the rack, they discovered this.

I thought I heard something weird "pop" this morning when I was driving my car down to their shop. Its only 10 minutes from my house.

And why do my pictures keep getting rotated. It's kind of annoying.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Ouch! Might be able to get a steel ram bracket used on cars with headers and have it welded on?

·
Registered
8,607 Posts
That bracket has been moving for awhile. Not very much but it has been shifting.
That, coupled with the two rusted out "well" nuts..... which completely failed AND
then the top corner ripped.

I wouldn't be blaming the Bendix stuff. The frame rail I would be taking a close
look at though.

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've got a Borgenson unit and am really happy with it. It doesn't leak and road feel is super.
With that being said I am going to go with a manual rack from Unisteer on my current project.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can still get that bracket and the crush nuts for it.

Assuming the holes aren't wallowed out and you're not set on the Borgeson unit or course.
As much as I appreciate this information, I've already committed myself and the business to this conversion. It's something I was planning on doing anyway. Just wasn't expecting it this soon. 😁

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
*Anything* is fixable with a welder, but I'd take a close look the TCP power rack if you're set on ditching the factory PS. I've yet to hear anyone say "wow I wish I still had factory PS" after switching- even my well worn 15 year old unit still feels amazing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts