Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the last of the "known" parts I need to completely rebuild the car when it comes back from paint. I spent almost $4,000 yesterday on interior and misc exterior trim, emblems etc...

I am still waiting on the interior upholstery as it is on back order and a 67 Dynacorn rear bumper.

Other than that I think I have almost everything.

The car will be almost 100% refurbished or replaced down to every single nut, bolt and wire.

I bought most of this last order locally as it is all the finish detail and I wanted it to be nice, not to have to hassle with shipping. A guy came by while I was loading up and said "hey what didn't you buy?"

It's pretty crazy to see a car completely disassembled and trying to find places to keep it all.

Now I just need to get the car back from the painter!!!

G

·
Justin,
I hate to burst your bubble

but you dont or wont have everything you need for the car. Just kiddin' ya, glad to hear about forward progress.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
GT_SCODE said:
It's pretty crazy to see a car completely disassembled and trying to find places to keep it all.
+1

Will be looking for them purdy paint pictures :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've made a few of the "last of the "known" parts needed" purchases over the last several months. It is amazing when you start reassembling how much more you find out you need, or feel you should replace after seeing an old part next to a nice new part. Oh well, one more order and I should be all set!
David.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I know how you're feeling. I bought my fastback from the PO completely disassembled. The PO bagged and tagged 90% of the parts as well as bought a lot of new stuff. Last week it went to be painted and now I find myself scrambling trying to get pieces ready to be assembled. I forsee many orders for little stuff in the future, thinking I already had it.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
LOL, yeah, you've got all of them. Except for the $1,000 worth of "little" things you had no idea were needed and you had forgotten. Been there, done than. :)

·
Registered
704 Posts
GT_SCODE said:
...probably closer to 1 1/2 cars if you are like most and are holding on to the "replaced" parts for reference until you can verify that the replacements fit.

Good luck... I'm a little jealous; I would love to be that close to the assembly stage.

·
Registered
7,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just talked to the painter and there is a good chance the car will be in base by Friday!

They are doing the final blocking now.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
GT_SCODE said:
Just talked to the painter and there is a good chance the car will be in base by Friday!

They are doing the final blocking now.
That's great news!!!... especially since this week's weather is much dryer and warmer than previous weeks.

Good luck!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts