Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWMBO called my 69 Mustang a money pit at 7:40pm on 8/15/02. I have only had the car for about 2 1/2 months. I figured it would take at least 6 months to a year before it happened.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Wait. One of these days when she finds out that the black hole has more than $10,000 in it and it still hasn't turned a mile.

The question is, what will she call it then?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Am thinking about naming mine "MoneyPity". SWMBO recognised this symptom six years ago when I rolled in my junker. So it sat for 5 years collecting whatever it collected when sitting outside. Finally said to heck with it and started fixing it up anyway. Now she says, "What a pity you spend all that money on your car.....and not on me.....or the family" (ouch! if she weren't so damn good looking!) Now there is no turning back baby! No stopping till all the $$$$$ thrown at it get some results, lol. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
865 Posts
I must be the luckiest guy in the world! SWMBO loves the mustang, as long as she can drive it!! Every time I make it handle better and go a little faster she loves it. This love for the mustang has other pay-offs as well. She can't wait until I put in a five speed. I keep her car ideas in mind when making changes, then their is no complaining about the money.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
My wife quit saying that when I asked her how much we spent on her new van. Both my stangs do not add up to that.

G

·
0 Posts
I have never understood and never bothered asking what SWMBO stands for. I know what it means due to context, but someone explain it to me!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
She Who Must Be Obayed

·
Registered
418 Posts
my girlfriend started saying that...then I asked her how much she spent on her 2002 Expedition (AFTER the loan is paid up) and how come she didn't get a 2nd job to help pay for it. ALL my cars don't add up to hers, and I have 7! I work as a bar manager (as my 2nd job) for a club near my house to help pay for my 'stang and other cars...Guy(NH)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Mine didn't have to. I beat her to it. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Of course she agreed./forums/images/icons/frown.gif

Actually, she has been very supportive.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Two words...Money Laundering (sp?). Spare cash seems to find its way into my Mustang fund to help make the $200 paint/body shop purchases reasonable to everyone! She's none the wiser (I think).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts