Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight was our high school graduation! I got to give my Valedictorian speech in front of 6,000+ people. Needless to say, I was nervous as heck before hand, but once I got up to the podium, everyone was great and I was happy to be there. I couldn't believe what happened though. About 1 min. into my speech, the speakers started screeching so I had to stand there for about 1 min. to wait for them to fix it. And how did they fix it? They shut off the speaker that was supplying sound to the whole left side stadiums, which is just where my whole family happened to be sitting. So that whole side only heard the first and last minute of my speech when they finally turned them back on. I guess many people were yelling at them to turn it on, but they did nothing. And of course after my speech, the sound worked flawlessly the rest of the night. But, with that rant aside, I had a great time. Everyone was congratulating me on my speech, and I just thought what a great way to go out! I won't miss the school hehe (for the repeated incidents they always do like tonight) but I will miss my friends and being around them all the time. Well I know this was a bit OT, but I was so happy about the night that I just had to share it!

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Both on graduation and being Valedictorian. Must have been hard work. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Have fun.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im going to attend college (cal poly pomona) and major in computer science. i know life after this isnt going to go any slower than high school, but I'm looking forward to it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
952 Posts
Congratulations and well done. May I suggest you seriously look into joining the National Guard. You will still be able to do your college and they will pay a substainstial amount of it for you! Plus you get to shot things! and when your up in rank your expected to yell at people, what better part time job is there than that?

Goood Luck

BTW, please don't tell me you named your coupe after that late 70's song "Wildfire". ARRRRRRGGGGHHHH

·
Banned
925 Posts
Congratulations! and at the top of your class - I'm impressed. Good choice for college, I'm a 1983 Cal Poly (SLO) grad - BSME /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Best of luck!

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
NIce Job! High school was a very exhausting time for me too.

I'm sure your parents are very proud of what you've accomplished and you should too!!!

When you get to Pomona, try different things other than just Comp Sci classes, since the first two years are still pretty much standard courses; you never know what you might like. Try it all - enjoy the college experience.

Good for you!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds like you are going to have to change your occupation in your bio.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Congradulations! Great job.
You'll find that after you've been in the work world for a few years and get into the daily grind of day to day life, you'll be wishing you were back in the easy days of Hi Skool.
Take care!

·
Registered
933 Posts
Congratulations on your accomplishments! After high school you and your friends will take different directions. Try to stay in touch with them as they will continue to be important to you later in life.

Scott

G

·
0 Posts
Congrats, my son graduates from H.S. in two days. I'm impressed with your generation and think our country is in great shape with the wonderful young men and women I've gotten to know while my son has been in school. You rock.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Here Here!! Congradualtions and the fun has just begun. College will be harder than HS but with your accomplishments you can handle it. Just remember that the expectations are greater in college and there is no concerned parent looking over your shoulder to remind you to get the homework done. I teach engineering and most of the students that fail out of the program do so because they do not apply themselves adequately.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HEHEHE....well that wasn't the original intent. My dad mentioned that name one day and I thought it would be pretty neat since my car is bright red. Then I heard the song, which I happen to like =)
But no it didnt come from the song, just coincidence.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Way to go! Take time to enjoy your life as you go through it. It sounds to me that you're way ahead of where a lot of us were at your age. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts