Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may kick myself later but i cut off the 1/4 panel without first rebuilding the hinges. :chainsaw:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/photopost486/data/500/21677P1020049-med.JPG

I test fit the new quarter, it fits nice around the door but where it meets the trunk and roof has to be hammered out a littel. Ran into another delay. I saw that the trunk drop offs were replaced before so i didnt buy new ones. Well now that the 1/4's off i can see that it is starting to rust out. so i need one of those before i go much further. Then i have to fix the outer wheel well.
I really didnt think it would take all day to get the old one off.

·
Registered
4,693 Posts
hey Lemondrop, what the H$LL are you doing to that car? is ther any original metal going to be left when you are done? I have never seen ayone go to such extremes as you.lol
what is that some RARE production coupe? the amount of money & time you are going to heve in that car will make it a million dollar baby,lol
every time I se a post of yours with the roof cut off, I am amazed.
just goes to show you, there is no such thing as too far gone.

·
Registered
6,340 Posts
My lack of brains does not mean not too far gone :)

Yes and no to original metal , the roof will be replaced with a NOS roof panel so in a way it's "original" .
Quarters will be repops . Fenders , original , hood repop , front valance repop , stone guard original from donor car, rear valance repop , tail panel , repop , floors repop , trunk floors repop . The rest of the repairs for the most part have either been donor car chunks or metal from my original quarters bent and cut into patch panels for other stuff .
Most of the car will not be original , obviously BUT when Im done I can say this thing is rust free and KNOW that it is ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts