Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again,

I just wanted to post some pictures of the finished 65 FB. This is my second one I completely restored since 12/19. The first being a 66 Coupe. I got that done, drove it for awhile, but that Fastback itch was still there. Sold that less than 24hrs after posting and had this car shipped sight unseen to my house. Kudos to that gentleman for being a straight shooter. Car was stripped to bare metal and worked up and it turned out well. Everything was done in house, including paint. I never painted before, ever....but I did okay and I’m happy with it. I wish I did a better job wet sanding but I can live with it. For being 29, a new baby at home and a full time job I was amazed I got it done that quickly. Thank you to my wife for letting me work on it so much!

Specs:
1965 (originally a T code) everything converted over before me
original color was Ivy Green, I kept it close
289 with comp cam
T5

I appreciate everyone’s help with my few questions along the way!

·
Premium Member
5,479 Posts
Very nice :)

·
Registered
1965 Ford Mustang fastback T5 Ncas 9in Locker
1,373 Posts
Yeee Haa!!...Did you even hold your baby??😊
Well done👍👍

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Very nice ! ! Now drive it like you stole it !

John

·
Dimples
6,005 Posts
Looks really good sir. Well done.

You did a lot of the same things I did as far as chrome bits you deleted and such. Love to see another one with GT exhaust valance, slash cut tips and no backup lights.

·
Registered
1966 Convertible 6cyl 4sp
31 Posts
Beauty !
Did you ever watch the show "Spenser For Hire"?
I see some similarities :)

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT 4spd
1,029 Posts
Beautiful!!!

Chris

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
You know that baby is going to want to drive this someday. Better hide the keys.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts