Vintage Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
For a first time painter you did great. Beautiful job and you get the joy of knowing you did it all when you get compliments.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I never painted before, ever....but I did okay and I’m happy with it. I wish I did a better job wet sanding but I can live with it.
Its going to get chipped anyway when you're driving the wheels off it so may as well not worry (it does look good though lol (y)). Also I must be doing something wrong, I'm about same age and no kid and I've been working at this heap in my garage for the last few years...way to be persistent!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Stunning car. Something to make you proud.
And, yes, get rid of that red distributor cap! Haha.
And an extra set of keys for the wife. She earned them.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Thanks all for the kind words! My daughter is now 6 months old and maybe she’ll get to enjoy it someday. And no, no more after this one! (at least for a while haha) I think my wife would kill me! 😬

·
Registered
16 Posts
Looks great! I just finished a '65 Convertible in original Ivy Green. great color.

One comment about the engine compartment. I installed an export brace to the shock towers and the improvement in front end stability was dramatic. My wife even noticed!

Congrats on a job well done! I appreciate how much time and energy goes into this kind of project. Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I know I am late here but...classic stang projects are never "done".

Right, or am I the one taking two steps forward and one back every weekend?
Good point, it's never done. Eventually though it gets to point where it's mostly done haha.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Looks great! I just finished a '65 Convertible in original Ivy Green. great color.

One comment about the engine compartment. I installed an export brace to the shock towers and the improvement in front end stability was dramatic. My wife even noticed!

Congrats on a job well done! I appreciate how much time and energy goes into this kind of project. Enjoy the ride!
That's a great looking vert! Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
555 Posts
It's gorgeous. I am again kicking myself for not keeping mine green.

Have you seriously restored TWO cars in 19 months?

21 - 40 of 47 Posts