Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just spent a couple hours in the sweltering heat pulling the power brake booster out of an `89 Mustang to use in a conversion on the vert.
glass all over the ground, little or no room to get tools in, the last bolt i could only get my ratchet to click once on the backswing! and all the crap in the motor compartment! phew, next time i`m just gonna pay someone else to do it!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Post some pictures, please, when you're done! I need to do something with my fastback as the original type power booster won't fit in the tight quarters. I'm looking for something smaller, but effective.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I feel your pain. I thought I was going to remove the power booster from a 77 Monarch. The two bottom bolts (under the dash) were just reachable. The top two were impossible. I decided manual brakes were much less work than retreiving that booster.

Glad to hear you conquered it. Enjoy.

Mark

·
6,854 Posts
You could call Mark Jefferies at Trans Am racing. That's what I did. Works great. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll kiss 400 bucks goodbye.

http://home.earthlink.net/~pirateship/DSC17805.JPG

Phil

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
Yeah, that was one of my original (costly) options. I was hoping that JMC's dual master would work since it doesn't need a booster, but there isn't enough clearance with my Cobra valve covers. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Guess I'll give TransAm a call. Thanks!

G

·
0 Posts
I've been looking at them on that site as well. Know of anyone that has used one?
Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts