Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya all,

Kinda melancholy, the Fastback was picked up by the shipping company at 2pm today. I sold it to a guy who flew in to look at it from New Jersey. Nice guy, glad it's going to someone who'll love it as much as I do.

Weird how we get so attached - I was glad I wasn't home to watch it get loaded and taken away - that would have broken me up I think.

However, on the VERY bright side of things - the Shelby's engine and trans are completed and the car should be back home in the next few weeks from the body shop. So that fun will begin!!! Woo-hoo! And the proceeds of the Fastback sale can't hurt in funding the giant sucking sound on my bank account by the Shelby.

Just thought I'd share.

-bob

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Both Glad and Sad for you, I know how I felt when I sold the 1st vert. Good luck on the Shelby proj.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
I can't think of the feeling of having one of my Mustangs leaving me, sad but glad at the same time? I am in about the same situation, I need to sell my '71 to fund 2 other Mustangs as was the original plan, but I hate to think of loosing it now that I have driven it daily for a year.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Think of it this way, we will soon have a new member to the forum with a familier car.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
That giant "Sucking" sound...... I've heard that! What do you suppose that is anyway? "G"

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Give it a couple of days and you will want it back. The last time I talked to the PO of my 69 he was begging me to sell it back to him. Good luck with the Shelby.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
527 Posts
Bob , , my boss302 just drove away with someone else in it ..funny thing is ive never been on this side of the car listening to how sweet it sounded driving down my street ....AHHHH ..hope ive done the right thing LOL..

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
Roll with the changes Bob. In the mean time, keep them shirts a comin'! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
771 Posts
sorry to hear shes gone bob, but doesnt this give u more debvotion and esteeem to get the shelby done? well good luck and think better thoughts! and btw did this guy agree to join the vmf or what?? you couldnt of sold the car to him and have him not agree to join the vmf! and did u send him a vmf shirt? and what about the trophies?

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
All will be forgiven when the Shelby fires up for the first time...and the men, women and children scurry for cover!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Mixed emotions for sure.

I still long for the first one I brought back from the jaws of the crusher, a '66 that I bought for my son when he was 15 and sold (at the insistence of SWMBO in his Sr/ yr of college) .

You will miss it for sure in the future, the only thing that will cure this is time and ............another fastback!!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Well Bob Congrads...or is it....Sorry.....I have sold so many that I should have kept, but, what the hey....selling them just opens up a spot for the next one...
By the way. I said I would never sell most of them....the time changes, and so do our minds.....Now, go full speed on the Shelby...

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
well, i am glad too here u still have a shelby too play around with, I am sure it will help u forget the fastback real fast.

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I agree with the 'another fastback' thing... and I have one - a 1966 Shelby GT350...

So, that should make the pain a little easier to bear...

:)

-bob

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Glad I got to see poopy. I have some really nice pics I'll link up here from Saturday's Cornfeed to my clubphoto album. Just need a little time first. There are some nice shots of your previous fastback. Good luck on the Shelby. BTW, I really enjoyed the Cornfeed. Thanks Bob. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Bob, both Congratulations and Condolences. It is sad to see a member of the family leave home, but it is great that you are now able to finish the Shelby up right!

Tom

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Bittersweet, I'm sure. At least you can feel good about sending it on to a good home (kinda like a puppy!)

Your heartache will heal immediately upon Shelby completion ! Dickson

1 - 17 of 17 Posts