Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
or should I say the kids in the neighborhood. The front glass I had stored next to my garage in a wood rack I made, magically cracked, or should I say shattered... Also, my yard seems to be sprouting rocks in the same area I had the glass stored. I know I should have planed for the worst and stored it in my closet or something, but it seemed to be fine the past YEAR in the rack. needless to say, Im pretty bummed and will definently not be making the woodward dream cruise this weekend. I know there are to be set backs, but a windshield? I guess I need to search the mid-michigan area for one, Im guessing $300 and up :( did I forget to mention I just insured it today, but havent gotten the finished picture to the insurance company, so it wont be covered under it :(

on a brighter note, I switch to Gieco and saved a load of money :: NOT!

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Ouch! That is terrible.

John Harvey

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Sorry to hear about the vandalism.

I think you can get a new one for a lot less money than that. Just make a few calls, tell them you have no insurance and want one el cheapo that you can install yourself. Make sure to specify Carlite, and you will probably want one that is tinted, and shaded.

On another note (not that I would recommend doing anything dishonest), but a finished picture without a windshield would be hard to distinguish from one with a clean windshield. ::

·
Registered
84 Posts
Sory to here. Hope you can still go to Woodward. That is too cool to miss entirely (even without your Mustang). I'll be there, but won't drive the Mustang 500 miles each way. It's still fun to be there.

Check to see if it might be covered under your home owners policy. Since it was not installed, and it was caused by vandalism. Might be worth a try, all they can say is
"sorry 'bout your luck".

Good Luck with the glass.

Ed

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I picked up a "Shatter Proof" brand WS for my 65 last year at Auto One in Brighton for $79. 810.227.2808

1 - 7 of 7 Posts