Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually, this probably qualifies as a doofus, or early onset of senility...

I dragged my wife and son out to Morgan Hill this morning for the Taste of Morgan Hill car show. We got there, but there was no show. I knew I had the right location, because I recognized it.

What happened???? I got the wrong darn MONTH!!!! It's not until September.

If that's not bad enough... I got CAPonyBoy to come up from Santa Cruz to meet us at the show. I have not heard from Roberto yet, but I can imagine that I am in for a world of abuse on this one. Sorry Roberto. I owe you...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Haha, that's a bummer man, but quite funny because I'm sure we've all done something similar.

·
Premium Member
19,203 Posts
It wouldn't have been so bad if it was just you and the family, but to invite someone else, begs the question:

Interested in running for the Doofus of the Month Award, Kent? :p

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Kent:

I thought I had a bad morning. I got up at 4:00am to leave at 5:00 to drive 40 miles to go to a auto swap meet. When I got there I found that today was a motorcycle swap meet and the auto swap was 2 weeks ago. So I just turned around and drove home another 40 miles for nothing.

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't smell any garlic, but I did get to see the huge traffic jam on the freeway headed in that direction. I'm glad I was not going south...

·
Premium Member
11,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, aside from feeling really badly about messing Roberto's day up, the morning was quite enjoyable.

I got to go to breakfast with my wife and son. Then we had a plesant drive to Morgan Hill and got to wander around town a bit (nice little town too). We did see a few nice cars; mostly chevy, but still nice.

The trip home was kind of a drag; we ran into a stop-n-crawl traffic jam on 85 due to an accident.

All in all, I'd say it was a pretty good morning.

I'll get pictures the next time we go down there though ;)

I'm sorry to hear that your morning was not what you planned too.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Kent, that's got to be the dumbest thing I've heard of anyone doing since I maid reservations for Hot August Nights last year ... IN JULY! *LOL* And my reservations were non-refundable. So you may feel silly, but at least you didn't pay for a motel room on top of it ;)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Did the same thing at the Arlington Swap Meet. It got cancelled, and I forgot to check before I left. Just grabbed my boys and headed out. Quite a let down when you get there early and nobody else is there with you....

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
re:Could you smell the garlic from Gilroy?
--------------------
Art, the Garlic festival was quite the chow fest....lots of good cooking going on and lots of nice looking femmes to go with it. Heck, they even have garlic ice cream!!!!

Not all was lost... :D

Kent, no worries...we all have a good brainfart at one time or another!!! heheh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts