Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needed to go have some fun, car is up on jacks. Decided a kart class would be a good way to spend a Saturday. The karts were Parilla 125cc TAG karts, about 30hp. The first couple sessions were on a wet track, so getting the power down was a challenge. As the track dried , the speed and the corning grip went up(my sides hurt). If you haven't had a change to try a kart, I highly reccomend it!!!
http://www.289mustang.com/images/kartingvmf.jpg

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Looks like a blast, I've always wanted to try a shifter cart! :)
Was this at a track you'd driven in the stang previously?
I'm curious as to how the line changes from car to cart.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yeah I did that when I was young. Raced them quite a bit overseas Italy and Spain.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No video this time. The wet sessions would have been great in-kart action. Must have been lock to lock 40 times per lap trying to keep the thing on the track. It would even loose it on the straights when the power band hit.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Must have been lock to lock 40 times per lap trying to keep the thing on the track...
So, in other words, you drive a Kart just like you do your Mustang? Oh, no wait, you said you kept it on the track...
:rofl:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, funny guy...
I did go 4 wheels off once in the kart, tried a new entry point the drastically chanced my exit point. Of course going off fouled the plug which added another photo to the "gettting towed at infinion directory".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts