Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late 64 and I just got my car back from the paint shop and I noticed the emblem holes on the passenger side front fender are backwards compared to the stock original fender on the drivers side. I bought the passenger fender used, it was stripped down to metal when I took it to the painter.

On the drivers side the running horse holes are closest to the wheel well. the mustang letter holes are closest to the door.

On the passenger fender the mustang letters holes are closest to the wheel well and the running horse is close to the door.

It doesn't match and I didn't notice before we went to paint!

Is there something odd about this fender that i used? maybe a different year? or maybe for a 2+2 or something different? I'll try to post a pic.

I wonder if the dude I bought it from drilled the holes backwards.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
"I wonder if the dude I bought it from drilled the holes backwards. " sounds like a winner to me.

·
Registered
35,874 Posts
The factory pre-punched the holes, and painted them and installed the emblems before assembly. They were not drilled and installed one at a time.
The emblems on a 64 are located here:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a pic of the holes on the passenger side. There is even one missing...the lower one for the running horse...

But the others are not lined up, so it appears.

I think the fenders are coming off and all the holes are getting welded shut, then i can just add a GT badge, That is what i wanted anyway, the car has several GT features I might as well make it a full blown clone.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts