Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I can trace my 71back two owners, back to the late 70s, but that’s where the trail dries up. And I would really like to get to the bottom of the story... Are there any tried and true methods you guys have used for retracing ownership history? Is the DSO DMV any help? Thanks!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Try the DMV. See if they can do a title search on the cars Vin number. In Washington state the DMV records only go back 10 years. Not sure what other states do. Another option is, when I received my Marti report for my car is listed the dealership where the car was sold at. You may get lucky and the dealer may be still around.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Before I posted, I did a search for the dealer listed on my marti report with no luck. I will try the DMV.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Best method is hounds and a shotgun. If you live in sunny Kalifornia forget about the DMV. They're too busy selling driver's licenses to illegals to keep silly things like registration histories on cars.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts