Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work this morning, blew a head gasket (i think). Havent really had time to look it over but coolant and white smoke was all over my firewall and the car was running really rough. Looks like im in for a fun-filled day tommorow or tonight. Now i gotta bring tools home for work, GREAT

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Sorry to hear about the news. I hope your problems are minimal. The first thing that happened to me this morning was I stepped in a pile of crap my dog left in the hallway. I didn't realize it until I made it to the kitchen. While the coffee was brewing I thought to myself, "Self, that doesn't smell like French Roast." :( :(

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Could also be an intake gasket. Been there recently. After it cools off; fill with water 1st, and see if it leaks out the back of the intake.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Yeah my day started like crap too! Found out the noise the wife was talking about IS A BROKEN motor mount and yes the aircleaner wing nut has dented the hood already....Plus the upper radiator hose has been hit by the fan. I can see i'll be haveing some fun this evening! ::

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, after spending a few hours at work putting a Jeep Cherokee back together (tranny job). I came home and asked my helper (the fiance) to give me a hand. After that one of her friends came over so I gave 2 females 19 and 23 a lesson in engine teardown. Pulled the plug for cylinder #2 out, electrod is melted, porcelean is busted off. Pulled the head only to find that that particular piston exploded and took out the cylinder wall resulting in my coolant going everywhere. Needless to say, i need a new motor.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I had the very same reaction from my engine the very first time it was fired up after a rebuild. turns out the bozo mechanic didn't sequentially tighten down the intake manifold and it leaked water in to the no. 8 cylinder, with the same results as you have. I feel your pain. If your thinking of buying a crate engine I can only sing praises for my Jasper remanufactered motor. 70K and still as strong as day 1.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts