Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
And this is different from the current situation... how? I'm not making light of your idea, just trying to understand what you are proposing.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
Steve's right...just start showing up for the lunches, we're up to 5 VMFers now. Almost had 7, you would have made 8.

We could try a dinner some night as well. Easier for everyone to bring their stangs that way...get around the insurance "no drivey to work" crap. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,636 Posts
A quote from bob that I got in a conversation with him at Corn Feed 2 (or as best as I can remember, we were pretty drunk at the time ::).
The beauty of this organization is that there is no "organization". It's all about the people.
I think that we should continue to get together and take drives, tech sessions, socializing for sure. And if that is a "club" then I guess it's a club. But I prefer to think of it as getting together with friends who share a common interest.

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Would there be secret handshanks and stuff? :: :: Actually, I don't know that you'd have to "form" a club. VMF is already the binder...But, if you guys had a little get together say on a Saturday night,(BBQ, dinner,whatever)every other month or so. We'd try and make the trip over....consider maybe doing a few "obscure" shows "as a group"....just an idea... :)

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
I'm up for the occasional gathering. Certainly no need to wait for a Swap Meet, or Round-Up once a year. I like the monthly lunch idea, or a bi-monthly weekend BBQ/Dinner/Lunch thing.

Would have been to the last luncheon, but was too busy RAFTING ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I agree with the others, we pretty much have a "club" already, minus the bylaws, beaurocracy, and dues. Although I've been doing a pretty miserable job of attending "club" events this summer!

Ya know what I'd like to see more of? informal tech session/garage tour sort of things. I had a great time with Mark and Keith assembling his engine (oops, maybe I shouldn't mention that :eek:) and I learned a lot. If one of us has a big task planned for a weekend, we should feel free to invite other "club" members in exchange for beer/pizza!

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Wow.... a motor with open cylinders I could peek into! Where'd my pencil go...oh well, let's button her up! :eek: :: Shouldn't we "wax" those rotors so they won't rust? :p

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
Maybe we need to have a "tire and Keystone wheel" mounting get together at Dans? ;) ::

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Oh man, those wheels are just the tip of the iceberg on my 66! I have enough tasks to do on that to keep us all busy for a while. Then there's warm spit ...

Tell ya what, why don't you all just bring sleeping bags when it's my turn for VMF helpers!

·
Registered
5,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is my point about this "club". We all enjoy poking fun at one another and would also help each other out on projects. Why don't we have an every other month get together - like we really need an excuse - and occasionally do tech sessions or something O/T - ie. charter fishing, inflate toys, or whatever.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Oh I got a few of them ::
But they're made for running WITEWATER ::

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Yeah right, do we need to ask someone else in your household about that? :eek: :eek: j/k

1 - 15 of 15 Posts