Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any good or bad experiences using an aftermarket sport seat?

I want to use a comfortable but affordable seat in a retromod 66 cpe.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
290 Posts
ProCar by Scat are supposed to be the best. I've sat in many, and they ARE nice, I just have higher priorities on my list, but eventually I'll get to them.

www.procarbyscat.com

Through Mustangs Plus, you can buy two seats PLUS brackets for your stang for $700, makes an easy drop in.

Not affordable... but ya..

In my room is sitting the regualr Summit/Jegs seats with seat covers ($60 a piece). I'm just waiting for a cage before I put them in - for harness's.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
good advice...thanks!

couldn't find prices on the Procar site...one of those "call for prices" deals...they look sweet tho!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Summit Racing also carries the Scat Procar Rally now for $267.50 per seat, plus $49 for adaptors. Summit's shipping charges are also usually MUCH BETTER than ..............

267.50+267.50+49+49 = $633 a pair...............

You might also look at the Scat Elite if you have a "wider frame". Summit carries those for $240.50 each+brackets = $579 a pair!!! /forums/images/icons/cool.gif

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OMG...those look great in that car!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the DETAILED info!

And yes...I would be of the "wider frame" hahahaha and go figure, they're cheaper!

·
Registered
657 Posts
You could go the cheap route an just put late model Mustang seats in it. I went to the junkyard and got 96 seats for mine. They are a WHOLE lot more comfortable than the originals and are a breeze to install. I also got the back seat and I am pulling the fabric off to cover my original back seat so they match.

G

·
0 Posts
I just dropped a set of 98 buckets into my 68 this weekend. Wouldn't describe the install as 'a breeze', but turned out to be that I didn't have the right tool to pull the 5" high tracks off the 98s and swap with the 2" high ones from the 68. (Anybody interested in a pair of blue 68 seats, decent condition, currently located in NM?)

The trial by fire, though, was while I was installing the seats. The box with the hardware for replacement seat belts was in the car. So was my 2 year old. After awhile I noticed that she was being very, very quiet...she had thrown the hardware, one piece at a time, into the box around the shifter where a gasket should cover up the hole.

Took it apart down to the newly installed carpet and fished with a magnet and forceps...all pieces were recovered, but the air was blue.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Perhaps "breeze" is a relative term. Compared to some other things I had to do, this was pretty easy. I had to drill a new rear hole in the track to bolt the seat to, but other than that it was pretty much in and out.

And aren't kids wonderful helpers? Who knows how you might have wasted away those hours you spent digging parts out of your "shifter pit". Sounds like ice cream time to me! ;-)

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Saleen sells new take-off leather Cobra buckets for $500 a pair - at least that's what they quoted me in June. They were sold out then and suggested I call back every week cos they tend to sell out quickly after a bunch of new cars arrive...

·
Registered
657 Posts
They are the regular seats, not the GT and the drivers side had a burn in it. I got them for $60.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I've sat in Bill's car and they are very comfortable. I have the Procar Sports Recliner, which are great for the track, but mor of a pain to get in and out of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts