Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to a local shop in a few hours to see what they will offer me for my wheels. They are 15X7 american racing TTD's with 235 60 R15 BF Goodrich radial T/A's all the way around. The wheels and tires have 760 miles on them(almost brand new) there are no curb checks or scratches on them. The tires are mounted and balanced as well. What should I ask for these?

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
If they intend to resell them they won't offer you much. Why not list them in the local nickel ads?

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Depends on how fast you want to unload them. IME, TTD's used don't sell for very much less than new ones. Obviously it would cost over $1k for the same setup new, so just discount from there. I would think you could get $800 and maybe more for the setup if you're patient. If you want a quick sale, drop it down a little from there.

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Why are you selling them, I'm thinking about getting 15 x 7's stainless steel repro's, for a 67 BB, but am afraid I'm going to run into a "fit" problem on the front.
Just wondering....
:D

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I sold a set of 15x7 TTD last year with tires, mounted and balanced for $800. They were on the car during the drivetrain resotration and about the same mileage as the ones you have listed. If you were selling privately I would expect you to get $750-$800 but if you are going to shop to try to sell them thinking they will find value in them to resell to someone else...it aint going to happen, and if it does....don't expect much. Its rare to find someone come along to your shop that just so happens to want the exact combo sitting on the floor allready to go.

List them the classifieds here and in the local newspaper. They will sell for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts