Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the vin plate on the dashboard was rotted in half, does anyone reproduce vin plates given the proper documentation?
for those who dont have dash vin plates, what do you do to cover the opening up or explain the missing vin tag?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
I believe Kevin Marti was doing them for a while? I think there was some legal issues and they had to stop reproducing them. Boyd Coddington wasn't any help with this matter. I may be wrong? Contact Kevin's Company at www.martiauto.com and see what they say on the subject.

·
Premium Member
2,684 Posts
if you have the proper documentation, there is a company in colorado that does reproduction dash vin plates. i had a 70 mach one that they redid the dash vin for. email me and i will forward you the link. marti does not do dash vin plates. my email is in my profile.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Marti stopped recently due to one individual abusing the service. I posted Kevin's reply to me on the subject a while ago, can search if you want the quote...

Basically Ford stopped him, and he had the Ford license to reproduce. I would assume anyone else doing ad-hoc would be "illegal".

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
If you do find somebody, PM me.

Whatever you do, DON'T send them the one you currently have. If you lose it you are really screwed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts