Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed these when I bought the car 3 years ago, now that I am doing the quarters I removed them from the frame. Do they belong there, or do they belong to something like a trailer hitch? :shrug:

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
Those are shipping tie down brackets. The dealers were supposed to remove them but more often didn't.

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Don't throw them away. There's occasionally someone around here looking for a set for a restoration project.

Dave

·
Registered
317 Posts
If you ever think your going to trailer your car, leave them on. They make rear tie down simple. I am glad they left them on my vert.
http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/ProdImages/DF284-B.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's interesting, this car is/was always a single exhaust car. That's cool though, one of the few changes is a GT exhaust. I would never throw them away, I will probably just reinstall them.

·
Registered
787 Posts
those are commonly refeered to as "shark fins" I had a set on my last GT F/B and I got them hanging on my polebarn wall. I am going to put them on ebay some day when I get around to it. The earlier poster was right they had two different lenghts(the longer ones to clear the duals and the shorter ones went on the single exhaust cars) they were supposed to be removed before they left the assembly line but that did not always happen.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts