Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas

What's the underdash oblong black part with screws in it next to the empty red 3 prong connector??? Also shouldn't that red connector have something attached to it???
Thanks for your help! Rex
Motor vehicle Hood Electrical wiring Automotive exterior Gas

·
Premium Member
9,696 Posts
The black part is part of the windshield wiper motor assembly. The red plug is for lighted accessories like a Rally Pac, an ashtray lamp, etc and not all cars have those.

Reactions: Flade and dennis111

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
As mentioned, the red is an accessory power plug source. Use a test light to check for power.

Reactions: 67Ragtopp

·
Registered
1970 Ford Mustang, Windsor 302 V8, C4 Automatic Transmission, Holley 600 Carburetor
632 Posts
As mentioned, the red is an accessory power plug source. Use a test light to check for power.
I saw a plug like this in the engine bay of my 1970 that wasn't connected. I am assuming that 70s also had an accessory plug?

·
Premium Member
2,866 Posts
Can't comment as my first hand knowledge is limited to 65-66.

·
Registered
1966 289 3-speed
2,112 Posts
Thanks for the info MFC66!!! Yes my 66 doesn't have any of those. So this connection is only hot when the driving lights are on? Rex
Hmmm I know it powers the Rally Pac tachometer gauge and Pac lights. Not sure if the Rally Pacs power is dependent on driving lights being on though. I know the Rally Pac clock is NOT powered from that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts