Vintage Mustang Forums banner
61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Spark plugs and wires, tuning on the carb, finally blackout the pinch welds. Have to wait for closer to spring as poor car is jammed in my building with other stuff, no room to work around it.

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
I've been in basic maintenance mode for a several years, however, I still look to improve those little irritants that I put off. The one I'm looking. into, currently, is rewiring my CD box, Pertronix, and MSD Tach adapter to reduce the wiring mess and create a ""Plug 'N Play"system to by-pass the CD box and run only the Pertronix or a set of points in the event the :sparkie" or the "box" is suspect for ignition failure. I still find value in both, but, we all know the limitations of electronics. I haven't "yet" succumbed to returning to "Points" only, but, don't rule it out. Motor vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
1970 Mach 1 351 Windsor Fmx Automatic Power steering Manual Brakes
11 Posts
Winter time to do (Wish) list:

Install new front suspension parts. ( Have all the parts minus new strut rods )
Install new Zray cross member ( Need to purchase first. )
Convert front brakes from drum to disc. Staying manual. ( Need to purchase )
Install export brace and monte carlo bar. ( Have all the parts )
Install new rear leaf springs, and clean and paint rear end. ( Need to purchase springs )
Install new shocks. ( Need to purchase )
Figure our what wheel and tire size combo to replace the original 14's with. ( This will probably be the hardest decision.)
Replace the lower door hinge on the driver door. ( Need to get one from West Coast Cougar )
Replace the glue in glass with bolt in. ( Need to purchase parts. )

I own and operate a small heating and air company here in North East Tennessee so if the weather stays cold I'm usually busy. So this list may get shortened considerably depending on how busy I am.

I have a heated garage so if I can find the time and the funds I can at least keep whittling away at the list.

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
Winter time to do (Wish) list:

Install new front suspension parts. ( Have all the parts minus new strut rods )
Install new Zray cross member ( Need to purchase first. )
Convert front brakes from drum to disc. Staying manual. ( Need to purchase )
Install export brace and monte carlo bar. ( Have all the parts )
Install new rear leaf springs, and clean and paint rear end. ( Need to purchase springs )
Install new shocks. ( Need to purchase )
Figure our what wheel and tire size combo to replace the original 14's with. ( This will probably be the hardest decision.)
Replace the lower door hinge on the driver door. ( Need to get one from West Coast Cougar )
Replace the glue in glass with bolt in. ( Need to purchase parts. )

I own and operate a small heating and air company here in North East Tennessee so if the weather stays cold I'm usually busy. So this list may get shortened considerably depending on how busy I am.

I have a heated garage so if I can find the time and the funds I can at least keep whittling away at the list.
So you are the guy that won the 2.4 billion! 😂

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a running list of stuff to do, ranging from cleaning the inside of my cigar lighter socket, to tuning/re-jetting the carb, to a new gauge cluster.

About 50 entries on the list so far, and I'm sure I'll think of more. Some I can handle myself, and some will need to go to the shop.

Don't know how much I'll be able to accomplish in my unheated garage, and once they salt the streets it ain't going to the shop until after a couple spring rains wash that salt away.

But I'll do what I can, and stockpile parts for the rest...(y)

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have a running list of stuff to do, ranging from cleaning the inside of my cigar lighter socket, to tuning/re-jetting the carb, to a new gauge cluster.

About 50 entries on the list so far, and I'm sure I'll think of more. Some I can handle myself, and some will need to go to the shop.

Don't know how much I'll be able to accomplish in my unheated garage, and once they salt the streets it ain't going to the shop until after a couple spring rains wash that salt away.

But I'll do what I can, and stockpile parts for the rest...(y)
What is on your list you want to send out?

ken

·
Registered
94 Posts
What is on your list you want to send out?

ken
Nothing serious, just a couple things that require strength and/or dexterity.

Between my age and my medical history I don't have much of either any more, and I've come to the realization that sometimes I'm just better off paying someone else who can do it better and faster than I can. And I'm lucky enough to have a competent shop within reach.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Mustang
36 Posts
I have 1966 GT replacement springs to install in order to raise the front back up so I can install new wheels & tires on the front. I also need to either have the steering box rebuilt or buy a new one, I’ll also check all the other steering/suspension on the front and maybe get a proper alignment done after all repairs.
I also need to fix the electrical side of the heater motor and get a shift boot on, and fox a carb vacuum leak. That will get my current “to do” list complete.

·
Registered
69 Fastback 351W .030 over, mild cam, C4
449 Posts
There are many days through the winter here that are nice enough to drive the 69 fastback so I’m trying to wrap my head around wether or not I want to do the head/intake/header swap I’ve been gathering parts for.

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
I've been in basic maintenance mode for a several years, however, I still look to improve those little irritants that I put off. The one I'm looking. into, currently, is rewiring my CD box, Pertronix, and MSD Tach adapter to reduce the wiring mess and create a ""Plug 'N Play"system to by-pass the CD box and run only the Pertronix or a set of points in the event the :sparkie" or the "box" is suspect for ignition failure. I still find value in both, but, we all know the limitations of electronics. I haven't "yet" succumbed to returning to "Points" only, but, don't rule it out. View attachment 867754
To followup, I got it looking a little better........
Motor vehicle Vehicle Electrical wiring Auto part Gas

61 - 80 of 111 Posts