Vintage Mustang Forums banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
Oh, have been working on the man cave TV. The IR remote circuit is failing. Yes, it's on the hood of the Mustang. Darn hood is too convenient!
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Urban design

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's really ambitious! I hope we will see updates, those projects look like they're going to be cool.
The mustang is closer than it looks.

Body work is 95% complete and, aside from hanging the fenders, headlight buckets and valences, the body is ready for the pros to finish.

The engine and trans (both rebuilt and ready to drop) are sitting on stands ready to drop in.

The fuel system, wiring, suspension, brake lines, front disc brakes and dash are all complete.

I’ll bang out the interior and outsource the exhaust.

Im targeting paint over thanksgiving if he has a slot. He’ll have the car back to me in under a week.

·
Registered
1966 v8 swapped and a bit more
316 Posts
Mustang: pull the engine and take back to the builder to solve the front and rear main seal leaks.

New to me 2006 Jeep LJ: new axles, suspension, Rubicrawler for transmission, tummy tuck, SYE and driveshafts, wheels and tires, roll cage, and a bit more. That’s likely a year long project but it starts this winter!

·
Registered
67 Mustang 351w
767 Posts
I have a spare 351w sitting in my shop. Going to start disassembling it and get it ready to build a 393w.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 66 is in the garage for the winter. With that, I was wondering what projects ya’ll are tackling for the next few months?

My first priority is to pray I don’t mess anything up more than it already is. My second priority is to replace the cowl and kick panels.

I’m scared.
Pulling the rear windows out and fixing the roll up mechanisms and then replacing the window and door seals.

·
Registered
181 Posts
My 66 is in the garage for the winter. With that, I was wondering what projects ya’ll are tackling for the next few months?

My first priority is to pray I don’t mess anything up more than it already is. My second priority is to replace the cowl and kick panels.

I’m scared.
My first priority is new shocks on the front of my bike and second is putting an AOD in my 66. I have back surgery in a couple of weeks so we’ll see if either gets done before spring

·
Registered
96 Posts
After first Summer back on the road: do the shakedown punch list-
-dash lights again again
- re- re-re balance wheels and tires (oh yeah the original steelies are shot, time for new SS wheels :)
- rear end outer bearings----> turns into ---->do whole rear end with limited slip diff
- finish the code date proper distributor and install
- rebuild the original water pump and install :-(
And for the '55 F-100:
- re seal rear end
- rear main seal ( oh no ) for the 312 Y block

·
Registered
718 Posts
Not what I’m working in this winter but HOW I’m working on it. My garage isn’t heated but the main heating duct to my house goes through the garage. I just put a heating vent in it that I can open to warm the garage to acceptable levels when I’m in there.

Allen

Reactions: rpm

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
23,332 Posts
The next few months? Spinning out. Some permanent wiring and trim work and MAYBE my back porch project will be finished after two years.
Water damage from something leaking made the floor weak in the master bathroom. We are looking down the barrel of family holidays until after Christmas so we hope it won't fall in until after. A major renovation in there has been on the to-do list for quite some time. It may get out of hand enough I have to shut down part of the house and relocate us to the camper. Which I need to ready a bit in case of that.
Been almost a week now trying to find time to change to front struts on truck #1 so I can get wife's car in to change her oil and swap in a TPMS sensor.
Truck #2 is drivable but I suspect has cracked the block. I need to get it in and make sure. If so that means I will pirate the F4TE I was building up for the poor dusty, ignored, and half-abandoned '69.
In the near term I will smoking a turkey next week. And baking some pies. And in a couple of weeks, my first ever brisket will be going in the smoker. Making me nervous as a cat on stilts. All else stops when cooking starts. I can multi-task other things but food needs focus.
A new kitchen stove is on backorder. Projected to come in just before Christmas. Maybe. I expect it to show at the most inconvenient time.
Mustangs? Well we've been stashing presents in the trunk of '67 for years. Probably as close as I'll get to doing anything with any of them I'm afraid.

• Wow
Reactions: rpm
81 - 100 of 111 Posts