Vintage Mustang Forums banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Working on, trying to Keep warm in Florida--December 28th through March ????.
What part of the Sunshine state?

John

·
Registered
1966 Mustang Coupe, 289 4V, A-Code
54 Posts
On bright, sunny, dry (roads and weather) and cold New England weekends, will continue taking my 66 coupe out for a drive. Only paused winter driving when the oil pump shaft dropped to the oil pan a couple of seasons ago as I was reinstalling my Dan Nolan tuned distributor.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
23,332 Posts
You run 70W? I changed my old kickstart-only Sportster over to 20w-50 like 30 years ago. Works great, the internals have stayed beautiful and in spec. And it's rather easier to kick over in cooler weather for sure.

·
Registered
1967 C Code
108 Posts
You run 70W? I changed my old kickstart-only Sportster over to 20w-50 like 30 years ago. Works great, the internals have stayed beautiful and in spec. And it's rather easier to kick over in cooler weather for sure.
. I've owned the 48 since the late 1980s. On the 1991 rebuild I installed a S and S oil pump and Keihan carb and ran 20w 50 oil. During the last rebuild (this time by a professional) I had the 1948 oil pump reinstalled along with the Linkert M35, The machinist/enginebuilder recommended Kendall competition 70 weight during our summer and 50 weight during the cooler weather . Kendall 70 completion is easy to buy, inexpensive and what the guy warranting the engine recommended. The best thing about
running the 70 ensures that I don't get lazy and skip changing the oil. The downside is I run multigrades in all of my other motorcycles so its an additional oil to keep on the shelf.

·
Registered
325 Posts
  • Port the runners on a poor man's Cobra intake (Explorer) for spring install
  • Install & tune Wagner PCV unit
  • Install the windshield wiper arms
  • Drive it to Lockhart TX to pick up a case of sausage rings
  • Make a banzai run to Corpus to lay in a winter supply of shrimp
  • In no particular order, on 2nd thought, shrimp run.

·
Premium Member
9,747 Posts
Not what I’m working in this winter but HOW I’m working on it. My garage isn’t heated but the main heating duct to my house goes through the garage. I just put a heating vent in it that I can open to warm the garage to acceptable levels when I’m in there.

Allen
Great idea! How long have you been suffering? My home is heated using Natural Gas. The gas line enters the garage and runs near the ceiling along a wall in my garage. When I did a "make over" and expanded the foot print, I added a ceiling mounted heater, What a huge difference. Then, added the best insulated doors and spent a lot of time sealing known leak areas. I'm very comfy turning wrenches in the winter. Yeah, my fuel costs are higher, but, that's the cost of being "comfy".

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Just got my new engine painted! Intake is going on next, followed by a smoke test.

Then it will go in my car, along with the full Holley Terminator X Max system, Dual Sync distributor, in-tank Hydramat fuel pickup and pump, finish dealing with the burned up wiring in my dash/firewall, replace the brake line I cut through on accident, replace the power brake booster/master cylinder, put the new carpet in, put in the seats, install the new 4R70W transmission, new 8" 3.55 rear gears, aluminum driveshaft.

After that I'll get my new tires mounted on my new rims, put on new pads, bleed the brakes, and take the old girl for a drive for the first time since around 2005-6, or whenever her engine caught fire.

Then I'll get her inspected and put her new (vintage) plate on. =)

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I'm working on my new to me 69 Convertible. Redoing just about everything.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Reactions: Pittbull
101 - 111 of 111 Posts