Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ohhh...that kick A$$ classic Mustang I'm driving...stare on my friend, stare on.

I forgot what it was like to drive a Classic Mustang, the thumbs ups, the stares of admiration and jealousy. My car has been off of the road since July 15th. I had almost gotten used to loosing that little Toyota rental in the parking lot. I even put the key in the wrong car twice!

I drove my car to work the last two days as mini test runs (5 miles each way) and everything is working well. I took off of work today to make some minor alignment adjustments and double check everything. I went out to lunch at a busy restaurant and realized that everyone was staring at me through the window and when I got into the lobby. I felt whole again /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

I've been very impressed with the '66 power steering conversion kit I got from Rode's Restoration. It was very complete and worked great right out of the box. As a matter of fact, the power steering is so smooth and quiet I would almost swear it wasn't there except for not having to pry on the steering wheel in parking lots.

Anyway, I just thought I'd update everyone on the status of my car and let you know how happy I am with the install.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
Good for you. That's why I have to drive mine every day. On the way in this morning, I had one guy at a stop light inquire about and compliment the color, then see a couple guys pointing as I made the u-turn to go into my office parking lot. Yup, I think many of us live for just that *LOL*.

Did you already have a PS steering geer box, did the Rhodes kit come with one, or did you just go with a MS box?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
According to the PO, the car came with P/S, but he removed it in '84 and converted to manual steering. So, the car already had the P/S box. Rode's offers an upgrade to the P/S box for $200, not a bad deal if you ask me.

G

·
0 Posts
Gotta love it. Doesn't hurt with pickin up the chicks either /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Of course, I'm too young to have a real SWMBO. It's always fun though. At my high school, the big thing is what everyone has under their hood. Anytime anyone says anything I just smile and tell them "It says 289, doesn't it?" Which, it is /forums/images/icons/wink.gif Man I love my stang.

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Makes all the headaches and skinned knuckles worth it, eh? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Dickson

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Jason,

I would like to see that set up. Will you have it ant the next cruse nite?

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I've been driving either the 66 coupe of the 64 Ranchero to the high school at least twice a day carting my kids back and forth. I love the look on the boys' faces when I ease through the parking lot.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
I'd forgotten how fun it was to be an owner of a classic car. Been musclecar-less for a few years...bought my '65 fastback from fellow VMFer and all around good guy jhynesrockmtn last week. Nothing but thumbs up and nice little conversations with total strangers!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Do make ya feel good.....

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i agree it makes all those skinned knuckles and dollars worth it :0)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts