Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fixed the float level problem on mu speed demon 650 & after I adjusted the level to the middle I figured the stumble I had prior to this would be gone. Still there. I have adjusted the mixture screws as well & can't rid of the stumble. It starts right at take off & stays with me even on the freeway. I assume it's lean, but what else can I do? I ried advancing the timing, but that doesn't work either. The problem started a couple of days after I retarded the timing b/c the engine sputtered after I shut it off, so I figured it was running rich. Out of ideas.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I had the same problem after adjusting timing on my 351 C. I found a small hairline crack in the dist. cap, probably from "gently forcing" the dist. to move. For $6 it would be worth a try for you!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Try more timing.

I also am suspicious that you'll ever get that Road Demon to run well on a 347. I think it's just too big.

If advancing the timing doesn't cure the problem, repost with a subject line like "Need help tuning Road Demon (like a Holley w/vacuum secondaries)." There are many on this board who know alot about Holleys, and most of that knowledge is directly transferable to the Demons.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts